Christian Marriages: Simple Techniques To Save A Marriage

You Can Restore Your Marriage

When I was a teenager, I would have responded, "I hope" to anyone who told me there were ways to fix a Christian marriage. It is not a very positive answer, and it is because I was not sure whether it was possible. My marriage was not a success story.

Because of my own messy marriage, I was very skeptical and negative about the positive outcome of marriages. I hadn't seen another marriage that was successful. I needed to be helped, but I wasn't sure where to go. I suffered in silence every day.

My husband was angry and so was I. We were bitter and had animosity. I was not optimistic about the marriage. Today, I'm corrected. There is always some hope.

We've been through a lot of life's difficulties in our marriage. We have been through a lot of life's unpleasantness, including adultery, cheating and infidelity. It has been extremely painful and heartbreaking for both of us. I was unable to repair the marriage that was crumbling. I was not sure if my husband would allow me to remain married. It looked very hopeless after we had been married for 18 years.

There Are Hope

I read many books. I realized that I had to learn to love my husband the Lord's way, no matter how hard I tried. It was difficult for my because I was used in doing things my way. You could say I was stubborn and rebellious. I thought that my husband was supposed be happy for me. That was my thinking, and it was not working for us. I was trying to save my marriage. But I knew that I needed to change. It is difficult to change something that is deeply embedded in your soul. There is hope, though.

Simple Methods That Work

For a Christian marriage to survive, it is possible to simply shift your attention from your spouse's faults. Instead, examine your thinking. What thoughts are you having about your relationship, yourself and your spouse? Stop thinking negatively about yourself, your spouse, and these areas, especially marriage. Once you recognize what your thoughts are about your spouse and your marriage, it is possible to change them. You will find a way to change your thinking and improve your attitude. People are often unaware that their attitude is what they see on the outside. If you have positive thoughts, you'll start to see the best in your marriage.

You can also smile right now. Even when you don’t feel like smiling, smile anyway. The majority of marriages are under such stress that they forget to do the little things that were so important when we were first dating. Did you realize that smiling at your spouse can release endorphins. Did you ever smile at your spouse constantly? Smiles are contagious. You can smile at your spouse and they may not smile back immediately, but they will soon realize that smiling is contagious. Smiles are bound to be abundant. It is difficult to be mad when you are smiling.

Commitment

I realized also that marriage was a commitment. It is not love. By remembering your Christian marriage, you can save it. You are not responsible if your spouse responds to you, but are responsible for what they do and don't do. It was hard for my husband to respond, but I kept reminding him that it doesn't really matter what he says Matrimony.



I learned to stop being so quick to be offended by anything my husband said. My full-time job was to let go of being anxious, touchy, and resentful. When I started to practice these things, my insides would ache and I would be ready to attack any comment made by my husband. It took me time to see that I didn’t have to be negative to my husband. I was hurting so those negative responses were out of my broken heart. I started to heal eventually and that was such relief. I can now hear what he has to share with me, and I will smile at him. It works.

Do You Want?

I was more willing to do the right thing to save my relationship. My attitude changed and we began to get along a bit better. Yes, I did most the work, but it was not important. The marriage was now on the right track.

These were the easy techniques I tried to use to save our marriage. I started to smile more at my husband. Now, my husband tells that I have beautiful smile.

Here we are, now married 29 years and still going strong. This marriage, which had suffered through alcoholisms, anger, bitterness and adultery, would survive so much and still be strong. There are many other techniques that I have tried, but that's another article.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Plan Your Picture Perfect SHAADI - Now, Smile Please

Common Indian Wedding Traditions